26 August 2017

K9 diaries - 7 days



Top of the head
7 days to go, and I've still not finished anything! I've still got a pile of unfinished dislocated bits. The head has at last been made and tidied up. I was scouting round trying to find something to use as a mould for the nose, but nothing was forthcoming so I modelled one on the CAD system and printed it on the 3D printer, then just stuck on with a bit of double sided tape to the head pattern before making the mould.

control panel mould

The control panel mould is a bit rough and ready but seems to have come out all right. I used copious amounts of wax mould release.

Below is the control panel and top of the head being produced in their moulds



The control panel is out of  its mould, and the Easylease release agent performed reasonably well,

Another package arrived today, hopefully the panel switch/lamps. The battery charger arrived yesterday,  so it is all coming together maybe.





Control panel, pre-tidy
I couldn't resist perching it on top of the body shell after I'd tidied it up a bit (below).

Now the control panel has appeared, the hole in the body shell can be made to suit it. Then the accommodation bits to stop it falling straight through need to be added. Then it is on to the body being  primed and painted, after a bit of sanding. This would be a massive step, when K9 starts  to come into view.




trial perch

Once the body is painted all the systems can be fitted and integrated. The sub assemblies collected together and we will see what problems and missing bits we still have to sort out.

The side panel is going to be a major part which needs making. There is no primer remaining and I think I need some more MDF!


My attempts at tagging K9, with primer at this stage






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, I'll get back to you soon if required.