25 July 2017

K9 Diaries - Accessorise

CAD Assembly of Antenna
Prominent on K9's head are his ears or more accurately his radar dish antenna.  I modelled a frame to mount the 2 mini servos, as well as the collars and clamping bit, to make up an experimental assembly.

I plan to have an Arduino Nano to control the position of the Ears, receiving instructions via I2C instructions from the Raspberry Pi.

The Arduino is going to have several sequences which can be called on, possibly with optional speed settings.

After procuring some mesh and some coat hangers I had a go at silver soldering, which wasn't too bad but could be better.

The results are not the finished article but something that could be pressed into service if time runs short.




Then it was on to the nose laser. I'm not sure how that's going to be mounted yet, but I'm sure it will involve more 3D printing.

I've also devised a tail mechanism and printed some parts but not assembled yet, photos to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, I'll get back to you soon if required.