26 July 2017

K9 Diaries - New Experiences

K9's Top
Fibreglass, a new experience for me. I've been putting it off for far to long. K9 did need the extra work to get him all smooth so that I could get to this stage, but maybe if it wasn't completely new I would have been a lot quicker.

But here we are. Above, as can be seen is the top, with dams added to act as boundary for the fibre glass.

My First Fibreglass.

K9's mould has to be made in 5 sections as otherwise k9's body shell just wouldn't come out of the mould, due to the recesses.

I'm starting on the top as it's a relatively small straight forward area to do.

As you can see the PVA mould release didn't cover well on the wax, leading me to believe that maybe I could have done without.

Showing dam clean surfaces.
You can also see the keying features, made from plasticine, cut into flat topped pyramids. These are to ensure that the moulds fit together exactly the same as they came apart.

Here is the same with the dams removed. The double sided tape That I attached the dams with left a sticky mess, which took some cleaning off, so I need to look for a better solution to fixing these in  place temporarily.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, I'll get back to you soon if required.