5 August 2017

K9 Diaries - Full Glass Jacket

Side prepared, ready...
The last side, it's been a long journey, but it is nearly over, It seems like I've been making this part forever, I've made a body, only to make a shell round it. So very soon I can move on to making the the actual body shell, that will be K9!

The final count down
I've received some more matting, this lot is a heavier weight so will make thicker layers, but will also require more resin.

Today, I've given the right hand side of the pattern a coating of  fibreglass, so that's all the sides done. I'm concerned that I may not have made the layers thick enough, but we will see how it goes. The thicker matting seemed to be easier to work with than the lighter weight matting I was using, so in future I'll use the 450g/square metre


Ready to break apart
After a bit of tidying, removing the hairy perimeter, we have a clean edge to see the interface between the mould pieces. I've drilled holes to hold the pieces together when it's being used as a mould.

Tomorrow is the big reveal, the unwrapping day, when I'll find out what sort of a job I've made of it.

Still if it's a dogs dinner I've still got time to have another go......maybe...So tomorrow will probably be more prepping for the big day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, I'll get back to you soon if required.