16 August 2017

K9 Diaries - 3 Weeks to Whooverville 09 - PANIC MODE

Front and rear panels
After soaking the MDF and then scraping the primer off with a chisel, I've finally got a mould. There is still work to do cleaning it up, so I believe I need to fill any defects and then give the panels a light sanding.

This will probably take me through the weekend leaving less than 3 weeks to finish K9. Oh woe is me.

3 Weeks and counting - The situations is: Still no body, head, side panel or control panel.

The Motorised base is still good, and batteries have arrived, but charger needs sorting out.
Raspberry Pi is good, I2C connection to Arduino works.
Screen is good and the HiFi Berry should be great.

If I  can press on with the fibreglass this weekend, I may have a body shell and maybe a head.

The control panel could be fabricated quite quickly, and side panel is a quick job (famous last words).

So just a bit of filling where required, then onto waxing before fabricating the body shell......




It's a mould, huzzah. Not as pretty and shiny as it could have been but hopefully serviceable. With six coats of wax mould release agent, I'm pressing on!

Still no head, and I'm dreading trying to remove the bit's I've attached.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, I'll get back to you soon if required.