1 August 2017

K9 Diaries - Glass Half Full

Left Side Done
My fibreglass isn't getting any better. I just hope it's good enough to do the job.

I applied the gel coat, then realised I hadn't cut any bits of fibreglass matting to shape ready, so I had to wing it a bit and it was a bit hairy.

Just the far side to go.

Only a few more days before I'll be able to progress onto actual body shell making rather than, a pattern for the body or a making a mould from the pattern. It'll be the actual body.

More resin has been ordered together with some slightly heavier weight of matting, from East Coast Fibreglass Supplies, so I should now have plenty to complete the task.

I'm sure the mould should have had more layers to make it more robust, but as it's not intended for a production run of hundreds, it should be OK I hope, fingers crossed.

I've also not progressed the head any, so only half a job today, but it is a week night so just glad I could get some done.

I'll push on tomorrow, but prep time seems to be a lot longer than you would think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, I'll get back to you soon if required.